Get in touch
M-F 9:30AM -6PM
If you are using MS-Excel® and MS-Outlook® to manage your sales and marketing teams and processes, when do you know it is time to change?
I put together this small list of things you need to watch for- feel free to add yours in comments:
1. When your team size has grown to the extent there is at least one layer of supervision between you and the lowest level- the customer facing executive.
2. When your sales force is multi-location; based out of regional offices making regular face to face contact difficult and unproductive.
3. When you have distributors managing sales territories and passing sales leads to them and ensuring they are tracked is a problem.
4. When your monthly forecasting exercise becomes dependent on detailed review of every deal in the funnel rather than focusing on a few key opportunities.
5. When it helps to know the history- past deals, orders, quotes, communication- of the customers to be able to customize offers.
6. When you want to send periodical communication to your contact database, customized to their profile and by their interaction history.
7. When you marketing team (in charge of lead generation) and sales team are at loggerheads because they blame each other for lack of consistency in what leads to chase.
8. When you want the same platform to create, e-mail and store for follow up for sales critical activities like deals, quotes and sales brochures.
9. And, finally, when you want to easily track how each of your activities are creating an impact in the marketplace, which products are being sold most by whom and in which markets or accounts.